Behavioral / Mental Health Supervisor, Bellingham, WA
BEHAVIORAL / MENTAL HEALTH SUPERVISOR
You can make a difference! As a community health center, Unity Care NW aims to be a medical home to its patients, providing the services necessary for a healthy mind & body within a single health center through our Integrated Behavioral Health (IBH) model. We are searching for a Clinical Social Worker or Counselor to oversee the Integrated Behavioral Health (IBH) program at UCNW’s medical clinic. This supervisory role will conduct, evaluate, & coordinate the IBH program and provide direct services to patients while also providing supervision, including clinical supervision, to the IBH team of licensed clinical social workers, counselors & case managers.
Highlights of this opportunity include:
- Full-time employment without the overhead work and costs of running a private practice
- Fully implemented EMR system (GE Centricity) with one-on-one training provided
- Outpatient work only with no off-duty call
- Competitive compensation package
- Malpractice insurance with tail coverage
- Continuing education benefit and reimbursement of WA State license fees
- Generous paid time off benefit
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- May be eligible to apply for half-time loan repayment through the National Health Service Corps (NHSC) (details can be found at http://nhsc.hrsa.gov/loanrepayment/)
- May be eligible to apply for part-time loan repayment through the Washington Student Achievement Council (details can be found at http://www.wsac.wa.gov/health-professionals)
The ideal candidate will have strong supervisory & leadership skills with at least 5 years’ direct clinical experience working with community health populations & at least 2 years’ experience supervising & mentoring employees, preferably as an Approved Supervisor as defined by the WA State Department of Health. Experience/training in the principles of integrating BH assessment & treatment in the primary care setting is preferred as is working with diverse patient populations with co-occurring mental health, substance abuse, & physical health issues. Other candidates with similar experience are welcome to apply.
Unity Care NW is a private, non-profit, federally qualified health center that has been proudly and successfully serving the greater Bellingham area since 1982. Located in the northwest corner of Washington State, we offer comprehensive primary medical, behavioral health, and dental care, along with pharmacy services, at 4 locations in Whatcom County serving a diverse and mostly underserved population of all ages. Employing 250 caring and compassionate employees, we work to increase the years of healthy life in the communities and patients we serve.
Live in a community consistently rated as one of the most desirable in the USA! Nestled on Bellingham Bay at the foot of the Cascade Mountains just a short distance from Seattle, Vancouver BC, and the San Juan Islands, Bellingham is home to 80,000 people and surrounded by several charming small towns. Enjoy all the area has to offer:
- Recreational & Outdoor Activities (Hiking, Biking, Skiing, Snow Boarding, Fishing, Sailing, Kayaking, & Camping)
- Excellent Schools (University, Community College, Technical School, & Outstanding K-12 Educational System)
- Small Town or City Living (Unique Shops, Local Festivals, Farmers Markets, Berry Picking, & Community Events)
- Cultural Activities (Theater, Music, Independent Films, Museums, Art Studios, & Diverse Local Restaurants)
To apply for this rewarding opportunity, please visit our website at www.unitycarenw.org for application instructions or call Vicki Curtis, HR Generalist, at 360-788-2661. Help us provide access to high quality, affordable health care for all!