Manager - Medical Staff Services, Kirkland, WA
Manager - Medical Staff Services
Job Title Manager - Medical Staff Services
Department Medical Staff
Date posted 04/16/2018
Hours 40 hrs/wk
Responsibility for enforcing the medical staff bylaws including (but not limited to) regarding privileging and credentialing to ensure that the medical staff leadership, including the President of Medical Staff and committee chairs, has the administrative support necessary to perform their functions in a timely and accurate manner.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensures that medical staff bylaws, rules & regulations, and medical staff policies are followed in the credentialing, privileging, and re-appointment of medical staff members.
- Periodically reviews and recommends updates necessary in the medical staff bylaws, rules & regulations, and medical staff policies to change with the changing operation of the medical staff; to bring these documents into compliance with Board of Commissioners bylaws; and to reflect the changing state of the medical staff membership.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely reporting of statistics related to medical staff membership and medical staff quality assurance activities.
- Responsible for the Medical Staff Organizations accounts using Quicken.
- Works with Practitioners, district staff, hospital staff, attorneys and staff from other medical facilities.
- Assists in the decision-making regarding credentialing, privileging and corrective action of medical staff and allied health professionals.
- Responsible for the effective communication and relationship with members of the medical staff.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
- 5 years of previous supervisory experience.
- Completion of a minimum of 2 years of college coursework
- 3 years of experience with medical staff credentialing
- Ability to work with medical staff and their office staff, nursing staff and other personnel with a tolerance for ambiguity, frustration and conflicts.
- Certified Professional Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) and/or Certified Professional Medical Services Manager (CPMSM) certification, or the commitment to become certified within one year of hire.
DESIRED for the position:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree
- MD-Staff software experience
- Experience in a paperless credentialing environment