Ambulatory Services Director, Tucson, AZ
At Banner Health, we believe that “leadership matters” and is a key component to providing excellent patient care. Join a nationally recognized leader that values excellence, and begin making a difference in people’s lives.
Join our team and be part of changing how healthcare is delivered within our communities! This is an amazing opportunity for an experienced and innovative healthcare leader with a proven track record of making a difference in healthcare and overseeing broad and diverse geographic practice operations. Bring your passion for making a difference, as well as leading operations and business planning to our medical specialties. This role provides the opportunity to have a broad impact on how medical specialty services are delivered within the ambulatory setting. Partner with medical and administrative senior executives within the medical group and across the health system to make healthcare easier, so that life can be better. Experience true collaboration amongst service line partners and high visibility with senior executives. In this Practice Administrator position you would be responsible for over 20 ambulatory specialty clinics in the Tucson area. This will include management of a team of over 100 physicians, 100 residents and 100 plus staff level employees.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. This opportunity is also eligible for our Management Incentive Program, as part of your Total Rewards package. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
About Banner - University Medical Group
Join our nonprofit faculty practice plan associated with the University of Arizona Colleges of Medicine in Phoenix and Tucson. Our 800-plus clinicians provide primary and specialty care to patients at highly ranked Banner - University Medical Centers and dozens of clinics while providing mentorship to more than 700 residents and fellows. Our practice values and encourages the three-part mission of academic medicine: research, teaching and excellent patient care.
About Banner Health
Banner Health is one of the largest, nonprofit health care systems in the country and the leading nonprofit provider of hospital services in all the communities we serve. Throughout our network of hospitals, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, physician practices and more, our skilled and compassionate professionals use the latest technology to make health care easier, so life can be better. The many locations, career opportunities, and benefits offered at Banner Health help to make the Banner Journey unique and fulfilling for every employee.
This position plans, organizes, directs, and manages all clinic activities and facilities management activities to achieve established goals and objectives for assigned clinics. Develops and maintains a strong partnership with physician leadership. Actively supports the organizations mission, vision, values and strategic initiatives.
- Oversees the day-to-day activities of the clinics through the clinic leadership at each site, ensuring a high level of productivity. These functions include, but are not limited to, scheduling, billing, account receivable, patient records, telecommunications, transcription, radiology, laboratory and clinical services. Serves as a liaison to corporate departments that provide and/or support these services. Continually monitors the functioning of the clinics and revises operations as needed.
- Develops and implements a system to ensure that established policies, goals, and objectives are achieved and in compliance with practice, facility, and system policies and procedures, standard practices of the profession, and related local, state, and federal codes and regulations.
- Manages and develops efficient systems that provide for quality patient services and overall patient satisfaction. Resolves any patient concerns that are not resolved at the on-site leadership level.
- Facilitates the assimilation of newly hired or affiliated physicians into the group practice setting and works closely with the affiliating groups physician and administrative leadership. This includes but is not limited to credentialing, orientation/training, practice setup, and post-integration follow-up. Works collaboratively with leaders in other markets to help assimilate affiliating practice into market and/or current clinic operations. Coordinates with appropriate individuals for leasing and/or renting office space and responding to concerns of tenants. Establishes and maintains effective communications and working relationships with physicians and physician leadership. Responds to physician concerns and provides problem resolution as appropriate.
- Develops and submits the annual operating and capital budgets with input from specific site leadership. Ensures adherence to established annual budgets. Reviews and recommends capital equipment and facilities requests.
- Develops and implements productivity action plans to meet productivity benchmarks for assigned facilities.
- Participates in the development of a marketing plan in conjunction with regional leadership team. Ensures the efficient implementation and evaluation of the marketing plan as needed.
- Provides effective leadership for development of a cohesive team. Selects, trains, coaches, motivates, conducts performance evaluations, and directs the workflow of staff. Develops goals and performance expectations of staff.
Must possess knowledge of health care administration, business administration or other related field as normally obtained through the completion of a masters degree in business or health care.
Must possess a strong knowledge and understanding of medical practice and clinic management, clinic operational structures and systems, and policies, procedures, and processes as normally demonstrated through a minimum of five years progressively responsible experience in managing a health care facility Leadership experience should include management of staff, budgets and multiple clinic functions.Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills. Requires excellent public relations, problem-solving, human relations, and conflict resolution skills. Must have the ability to successfully and positively interact with physicians and employees at all levels throughout the organization and the public. Requires strong financial analysis and management, long range planning, and negotiation skills. Must have strong computer skills with working knowledge of computer applications in a medical practice setting.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.