Director of Physician and Provider Recruitment, Indianapolis, IN
Director of Physician and Provider Recruitment
Requisition Number: 235324
The Director of Physician andProvider Recruitment will lead a team to execute talent acquisition strategies to source, screen, select and onboard high quality, diverse provider talent for the largest academic healthcare organization in the state of Indiana. This role will plan, design, and direct proactive recruitment processes and programs with a focus on operational excellence, continuous improvement, and exceptional candidate experience, as well as maintain strong consultative partnerships with leaders across a highly matrixed organization. This position reports to the Senior Vice President of Clinical Effectiveness.
- Manages performance, hires, trains, allocates work, and mentors individuals.
- Partners with physicians and operational leaders to develop strategies, ensure alignment and accomplish goals.
- Ensures that productivity and actions of the department support the overall operational goals of the system.
- Ensures IU Health provider recruitment processes reflect industry best practices and support attraction of top talent.
- Develops and manages department budget.
- Manages systems and tools that support provider recruitment.
- Represents the IU Health brand internally and externally as a thought leader and talent ambassador.
- Understand and ensure compliance with legal regulations, including immigration sponsorship issues.
- Leveraging ATS data analytics to manage and improve performance, and keep leaders apprised of recruitment activity.
Education, Skills, Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of experience required; Master's degree preferred.
- Requires 7-10 years of relevant Business or Human Resources experience; physician recruitment experience strongly preferred.
- Requires 3-5 years of relevant supervisory experience.
- ASPR professional certification preferred.
- Experience working in an academic medical center setting preferred.
- Requires experience leading the design, development, and execution of Physician Recruitment programs.
- Requires knowledge of physician compensation practices and trends.
- Requires exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Requires knowledge of laws and regulations specifically related to physician employment and immigration.
- Requires excellent judgment, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Requires experience with a matrix organization and complex work environment.
- Requires proficiency in MS Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel).