Regional Director - Home Health and Hospice, Bloomington, IN
Regional Director - Home Health and Hospice - Bloomington area
Requisition Number: 233783
This position exists to create and direct a regional network of integrated IU Health Home Health & Hospice services across Central Indiana. Incumbent reports to a member the Executive Director, Home Health & Hospice. Role collaborates with the organization leadership, internal resources and external customers at every corporate level to develop and implement initiatives that comply with the service line strategy. Includes management and oversight responsibility for operations for assigned areas. Under the supervision of the designated superior, plans and directs the operational activities of all Home Health & Hospice services in the region. Oversees adherence to the organization policies and proper communication to and involvement of subordinate personnel regarding Home Health & Hospice Operations. Plans, organizes and directs daily operations to include customer service, staffing, growth and identity improvement, and financial performance.
Qualifications / Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Requires Bachelor Degree in Nursing, Health Administration or related field required. Masters preferred.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years experience in Healthcare Administration. Progressively more responsible related work experience in a hospital setting required.
- Requires three to five years of concurrent management experience in order to gain knowledge of administration and operation of Home Health and/or Hospice practices required.
- Requires thorough knowledge of health care delivery and management, basic accounting and finance, health care reimbursement, and health care legislation.
- Requires a thorough & broad based experience including clinical operations, research, business development, planning & regulatory / legal guidelines.
- Requires the ability to creatively approach challenges and projects and to work effectively independently and in teams for the best outcomes.
- Requires demonstrated ability to make decisions that have substantive potential to impact the organization.
- Requires knowledge and experience in finance.
- Requires knowledge of state and national regulatory guidelines.
- Requires ability to maintain highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Requires ability to develop, facilitate, promote teamwork and build effective relationships.
- Requires ability to plan and manage the utilization of resources.
- Requires ability to apply knowledge of the organization personnel / administrative policies and procedures.
- Requires ability to communicate clearly and concisely through written and verbal communication.
- Requires strong customer service skills and ability to model service excellence.
- Requires ability to develop strong collaborative relationships with senior and executive management, physicians, and outside organizations.
- Requires ability to prioritize and manage multiple complex projects, deadlines and process with attention to detail and organization.
- Requires comprehensive knowledge of the organization products and services.
- Requires a high level of interpersonal, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Requires advanced interpersonal skills necessary to interact in complex situations, work cooperatively with peers, senior management and represent the organization to a variety of external vendors and professional organizations.
- Requires analytical and quantitative skills necessary in order to organize, coordinate and assess potential plans and programs, and to conduct financial and programmatic impact analyses.
- Requires ability to exercise a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion and decision making to achieve operational objectives.
- Requires knowledge of computer systems and applications.