Executive Director-Clinical Ethics, Indianapolis, IN
Leads strategic thinking, cultural and organizational effectiveness, innovation, and efforts for the IU Health Clinical Ethics programS system-wide. Expands and maintains a real-time, high quality, and multi-disciplinary ethics consultation service supporting patient care. Drives the transformation of ethics education and resources across the system by building a network of mentorship for ethics consultation, deploying the Unit Based Ethics Conversations program, and cultivating systemness amongst the ethics committees. Partners with Clinical Ethics leaders to evaluate the quality and effectiveness of ethics consultation throughout the system. Serves an integral role in the Fairbanks Center for Medical Ethics (FCME) including mentorship of FCME fellows in ethics consultation, scholarly work, and systems development when relevant. Contributing member of the IU Health Ethics Committee and system-wide policy review sub-committees.
Qualifications / Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Master's degree Bioethics, Clinical Ethics, Philosophy, or directly related field is required; Terminal degree preferred.
- Must be able to travel throughout the state of Indiana.
- Must be willing to be on call at the AHC 5% time for 24 hour call.
- Requires 10 plus years of leadership experience in clinical ethics.
- Relevant ethics and compliance certification in health care strongly preferred.
- Requires experience with matrix organization and complex work environment.