Behavioral Health Consultant, Wapato, WA
Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic
Behavioral Health Professional
June 21, 2018
Mid-Valley Family Medicine
Mid-Valley Family Medicine
Are you a mental health provider with a real passion for working in a Primary Care setting? Do you have a desire to help an underserved population get the support they deserve? Does living in the breathtaking Pacific Northwest sound like the perfect place to start or continue your mental health practice? If you answered Yes to these questions, then we have a fantastic opportunity for you in our Wapato, WA clinic!
What you'll do:
As part of our Patient Centered Health Home initiative, you will:
- Work within a fully integrated, multidisciplinary model in our primary care clinics.
- Provide brief assessments, intervention, and onsite consultation to the primary care team regarding psychiatric/psychosocial concerns and health behavior change.
- Focus on providing clinical interventions according to empirically-supported treatment modalities.
- Comprehensive and well-structured on-boarding program
- Relocation Assistance
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Excellent Healthcare benefits
- Medical Spanish Immersion program in Guatemala
Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred but not required.
What you'll need:
- Two years' experience working in a primary care clinical service delivery with persons with mental or behavioral health needs.
- A Master's degree in Social Work or Psychology.
- A license for independent clinical practice in Washington State. Any one of the following licenses is acceptable for this position: Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW); Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC); Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), or Licensed Advanced Social Worker (LASW).
- We'd love for you to be bilingual in English/Spanish but if you're not, that's okay too! We'll have a medical assistant available to interpret for you.
We serve more than 140,000 people across 19 medical clinics, 10 dental clinics, and 57 programs in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC's patient-centered model of care offers patients the full-spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working with us
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic:
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.