Director of Revenue Cycle Operations, Pomona, CA
Days and Hours of Work: Full Time (40 hours, Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00PM), Exempt
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Pomona Community Health Center dba Parktree Community Health Center is a non-profit, Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) whose mission is to be the medical home for the underserved in our community by providing high quality preventive and primary care health services.
Job Summary: The Director of Revenue Cycle Operations is a key member of the finance department. He/she provides sound business acumen to the revenue generating and expense components of the organization.
- Oversee the implementation of all revenue cycle management including patient services revenue, grants, and donations.
- Oversee billing and collections by serving as liaison to external RCM company or by maintaining an internal staff.
- Prepare and maintain the monthly schedule/worksheet for billable visits, patient revenues, receivables, contractual adjustments and other adjustments by site and by Plan/Payor and prepare the necessary monthly journal entries for recording in the general ledger (GL).
- Accounts for receivables and cash receipts functions and also participates in managing the interface of Accounts Receivable between PCHC’s Practice Management System and the GL.
- Handle daily processing of cash receipts and deposit slip and prepare the monthly cash receipts journal entries and other adjustments in the GL, including proper matching of collections with receivable accounts.
- Analyze patient accounts receivables balances and monthly aging reports and provide monthly reconciliation of accounts receivable data between Practice Management System and GL.
- Monitors Encounter data entry on a daily basis and ensures encounters are entered into NextGen in a timely manner.
Job Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or Health Care related field, MBA/MPA preferred.
- Minimum of 2-3 years Accounting experience in a progressive, complex and sophisticated accounting environment
- Extensive knowledge of all facets of medical and dental billing management. In-depth knowledge of billing/coding rules and regulations, especially as they relate to our Federally Qualified Health Center status.
- Expertise in MS Office Suite and NextGen practice management system
- Effective presentation capabilities with multiple stakeholder groups.
- Must have knowledge and experience in health care, including third party reimbursement mechanisms and FQHC considerations and applications
Email resume to email@example.com