Clinical and Pathology Laboratory Services Administrator, Vancouver, WA
Clinical and Pathology Laboratory Services Administrator
Our Clinical and Pathology Laboratory Services departments are looking for a seasoned Laboratory professional to help transform our operations to accommodate historic growth and embed Lean improvement processes. Will help define the strategy, structure, guiding principles, processes, measures, success factors, and standard work that will result in excellent service to our patients and internal customers.
The Administrator, under the direction of the Laboratory Medical Director (MD), is responsible for the overall operation and administration of the laboratory. It is the responsibility of the Administrator to ensure that the TVC laboratories develop and use the quality system approach to laboratory testing defined by the Laboratory Medical Director (MD) which provides accurate and reliable patient test results.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Administrative Direction of Laboratory Operations
- Testing systems in the laboratory will provide quality services in all aspects of test performance, i.e., the preanalytic, analytic, and postanalytic phases of testing and are appropriate for your patient population;
- Physical and environmental conditions of the laboratory are adequate and appropriate for the testing performed;
- The environment for employees is safe from physical, chemical, and biological hazards and safety and biohazard requirements are followed;
- Sufficient numbers of appropriately educated, experienced, and/or trained personnel who provide appropriate consultation, properly supervise, and accurately perform tests and report test results in accordance with the written duties and responsibilities specified by you, are employed by the laboratory;
- New test procedures are reviewed, included in the procedure manual and followed by personnel; and each employee’s responsibilities and duties are specified in writing.
- Establishes effective working relationships with staff, patients, providers, customers, vendors, managers and staff in administrative and support departments.
- Participate in new provider recruitment and orientation.
Quality Systems Approach
Focuses on comprehensive and coordinated efforts to achieve accurate, reliable, and timely testing services. The quality system approach includes all of the laboratory’s policies, processes, procedures, and resources needed to achieve consistent, high quality testing services. Integral to the quality system approach is quality assessment, which involves the following activities:
- Ongoing monitoring of each testing process used in the laboratory in order to identify errors or potential problems that could result in errors;
- Taking corrective action; and
- Evaluating the corrective actions taken, to make sure that they were effective and will prevent recurrence.
Personnel Development and Supervision
- Manages all aspects of hiring, orientation, scheduling, performance evaluations, disciplinary actions, and compliance with Clinic policies and procedures.
- Establish clear performance expectations and hold staff accountable for successful job performance and work behavior.
- Use a management style which encourages and reinforces employee growth and development.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- MLS with Master’s Degree required. PhD degree preferred.
- MLS credential with Master’s degree requirement: Hold a master’s degree in a related field from an accredited institution AND be a certified MLS with a minimum of two years of experience managing a high complexity testing laboratory and associated staff.
- PhD: Hold a doctoral degree in a chemical, physical, biological, or clinical lab science from an accredited institution. Must be/maintain certification by a board approved by HHS. Must have min of two years’ experience managing high complexity testing and the associated staff.
- Experience managing all staff and all aspects of Laboratory QC/QA, compliance, and regulatory issues.
- Knowledge of accounting, purchasing, planning, organizing, supervision and management sufficient to assume responsibility for operations of laboratories of a large multi-specialty health care clinic.
- Demonstrated ability to interview, select, train, and develop qualified staff. Competence in staff development and performance evaluations is essential.
- Ability to assess the performance of individuals, establishes performance standards, implement change, implement accountability and reward achievement.
- Demonstrated success in the establishment, maintenance and development of effective interpersonal relations and communications with a wide range of individuals at all levels of a large organization.
We offer a competitive wage and a comprehensive benefits package which includes insurance programs covering medical, dental, vision, life, long-term disability, paid time off, education reimbursement, and a 401(k) plan. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.