Careadvantage Navigator (Russian Speaking), South San Francisco, CA
CAREADVANTAGE NAVIGATOR (Medicare Customer Support Rep)
(***RUSSIAN SPEAKING REQUIRED***)
The Health Plan of San Mateo (HPSM), a managed care health plan, seeks a full time CareAdvantage Navigator to act as the primary point of contact for members of CareAdvantage D-SNP and CareAdvantage CMC, and assist members with all aspects of plan benefits. The essential duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Provide customer service to CareAdvantage members primarily on the phone.
- Answer member questions about CareAdvantage health and prescription drug benefits, eligibility, and provider network.
- Make New Member Welcome Calls.
- Resolve problems that members have accessing CareAdvantage-covered services, including but not limited to health care services and prescription medications.
- Ensure that assigned members retain CareAdvantage enrollment by investigating and contacting members and partnering agencies.
- Clearly document any member complaints, including grievances and appeals.
- Follow through with proactive solutions to resolve member issues.
- Prepare and submit requests for services made directly by a member to HPSM Health Services.
- Prepare and submit member requests for continuity of care with non-contracted providers to Provider Services Department.
- Refer members to appropriate community partner agencies depending on specific circumstances including but not limited to: Behavioral Health and Recovery Services, Aging and Adult Services, Legal Aid and/or HICAP when appropriate.
- Relay pertinent health information to HPSM clinical staff to facilitate care coordination and/or receipt of medical services including prescriptions.
- Participate in and professionally represent HPSM at health fairs, community partnerships, meetings, committees and coalitions as requested by the Manager or Supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience: Equivalent to a high school diploma or GED required. Two (2) to three (3) years’ experience performing customer service preferably in a health plan environment. Previous experience working with seniors or persons with disabilities and/ in a medically related field such as medical assisting.
Knowledge of: Health insurance programs preferred. Customer service principles and practices. Personal computers and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
Ability to: Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills with various audiences and individuals of diverse backgrounds. Perform problem research, use analytical skills, and effectively influence positive outcomes. Develop and maintain strong professional relationships with a diverse range of people. Utilize a personal computer, including the range of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook).
Compensation & Benefits
Starting Compensation Range: Depends on experience.
Benefits Information: Excellent benefits package offered, including HPSM paid premiums for employee’s coverage in the medical HMO plan and majority of PPO medical cost. Employee pays a small portion of the dependent premiums for medical and dental benefits. Additional HPSM benefits include fully paid vision, life, AD&D, STD, and LTD insurance; retirement plan (10% of salary for compensation/HPSM paid); holiday and vacation pay; tuition reimbursement plan; and more.
How To Apply
Application Process: To apply, submit a completed internal application with resume to Michelle McNulty in Human Resources. The internal application can be retrieved on the intranet under Human Resources in the Forms section. If you have questions, please email her at email@example.com or call at ext. 2573. File by: Continuous until filled. EOE