Director, Business Intelligence & Analytics, San Francisco, CA
Director, Business Intelligence & Analytics
Job Locations US-CA-San Francisco
Job ID 2018-1410
Type Regular Full-Time
Are you a dynamic, self-aware healthcare leader with a passion for analyzing data and who thrives on telling a "data" story? Do you enjoy taking teams beyond their comfort zones, mentoring and coaching them to the next level? Do want to help give back to the community and help those who need it most?
The Director of Business Intelligence and Analytics reports directly to the CFO and leads the Business Intelligence Team in data compilation, analysis, reporting, and presentation of financial, clinical, and business-related information. This position works closely with management and all levels of staff throughout the organization providing consultation and support in the development, analysis, management and interpretation of data into information and insight in support of SFHP’s strategic decision-making. The successful candidate will draw on expertise in data analysis, health care processes and statistics, prepares dashboards and reports, applies appropriate statistical tests, provides analytical commentary and educates analytical concepts in an understandable and actionable manner. Key aspects of the role include defining, developing and delivering business & data analysis, program evaluations, financial and clinical management reports, new and emerging trends, and tactical planning for regulatory impacts.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Operationalize business intelligence solutions and conduct advanced, timely and relevant analytics in support of business partners/leaders to identify opportunities, highlight strengths and opportunities to meet business strategies, objectives and goals.>;o?
- Create and maintain data visualizations that educate, inform and engage business partners on key metrics and performance measures. This includes establishing best practices with operations and the analytic data warehouse teams for the creation of dynamic, scalable and effective dashboards using BI tools.
- Develop relevant internal and external data metrics (e.g. financial performance, quality outcomes, member satisfaction, cost trends/drivers) and employ statistical analysis methods to create insightful recommendations and conclusions. Maintain knowledge of industry trends and competitor performance and recommend improvements.
- Demonstrate excellent presentation and communication skills to share findings in an understandable and actionable manner tailored to audience and customer's needs.
- Collaborate with analytic data warehouse, data governance, clinical partners and business teams on any issues relating to data quality, architecture or structure of data repositories impacting analytics.
- As an example, you will work with the SFHP Health Services leadership team in developing and defining performance metrics and measurement tools to support Health Services Programs.
- Provide leadership for analytic efforts, including complex studies, simulations, testing, etc. to solve unique problems or questions identified by executive management and various business unit partners.
- Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department; develops and implements policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
- Lead and coach team of strategic and technical employees and consultants. Performs management responsibilities to include, but are not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Bachelor's degree in healthcare administration, business, informatics, mathematics, statistics or related field OR seven (7) years of health operations experience with emphasis on data analytics or informatics.
- A minimum of five (5) years of supervisory/management experience.
- A minimum five (5) years of healthcare analytics experience within a health care organization, preferably with HMO plan experience.
- Prior experience in Government Health Programs e.g. Medicare/Medicaid.
- Prior experience preparing finance rate development templates and pricing models.
- Experience in analysis, interpretation and reporting using medical or administrative data sets using varied statistical methods.
- Experience within quality improvement, utilization management, clinical operations, and member experience.
- Experience with HEDIS, CAHPS, and other relevant quality metrics, performance measurement standards, and health care technical guideline standards
- Demonstrated experience with business intelligence applications (such Tableau, SAS, Micrstrategy, Cognos and Business Objects), relational databases, basic statistics and statistical interpretation of quantitative data.
- Demonstrated experience in:
- understanding what information is most valuable to advance clinical and business performance;
- effectively communicating findings back to leaders and key contributors in a meaningful format; and
- explaining/interpreting analytics in a language our customers (business owners) understand.
Established in 1997, San Francisco Health Plan (SFHP) is a an award winning, managed care health plan whose mission is to provide affordable health care coverage to the underserved low and moderate-income residents in San Francisco county. SFHP is chosen by eight out of every ten San Francisco Medi-Cal managed care enrollees and its 145,000+ members have access to a full spectrum of medical services including preventive care, specialty care, hospitalization, prescription drugs, and family planning services. SFHP was designed by and for the residents it serves, and takes great pride in its ability to accommodate a diverse population that includes young adults, seniors, and people with disabilities.
San Francisco Health Plan is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.