Clinic Administrator, Kirkland, WA
Job Title Clinic Administrator
Department Ear, Nose and Throat Care
Date posted 07/26/2018
This position will oversee Ear, Nose and Throat Clinic and Eye Care Clinic.
Manages the day-to-day operations and profit and loss of more than one clinic facility or one large multi-dimensional facility, including physicians/staff management, patient scheduling, patient flow, medical records, patient accounting, supply ordering and complaint resolution.
Essential Job Functions:
- We are the stewards of our culture. How we embrace and live our values and these principles cultivates our culture. We are accountable for exceptional outcomes and for constant improvement.
- We are committed to continuous, incremental improvement to eliminate waste, inefficiency, ineffective communication, and variations in our processes.
- We are “teachers and coaches” supporting the professional growth of our staff, to help our teams achieve their highest potential. We are committed to learning and growing as leaders in the application of these principles.
- We are consistently responsive to those we serve. We listen and communicate effectively, always seeking first to understand and then to be understood. We are inclusive and transparent in our decision making and communications.
- We role model healthy and rewarding personal lives that are balanced with the demands or our work. We find opportunities every day to genuinely recognize and celebrate the excellent work of our staff, physicians and volunteers.
- Achieves budgeted expenses and revenue on a monthly and annual basis. On an annual basis, develops revenue and expense projections for multiple departments and capital budgets within EvergreenHealth guidelines.
- Ensures multiple offices and personnel are in compliance with EvergreenHealth policies. Ensures operation is in regulatory compliance with all governing agencies or bodies (OSHA, J C, Medicare, HIPAA etc). Responsible for the timeliness, accuracy and security of patient medical records within multiple offices.
- Responsible for ensuring staff are trained in proper PMSI use and newly implemented EMR processes and procedures.
- Promotes a continuous quality improvement culture and follows through on projects from design through completion, learning and next steps, in conjunction with CSP, Clinical QI specialists, Clinical Informatics Specialist and others as appropriate.
- Responsible for CQI indicator monitoring, data collection and reporting.
- Teams with physicians to ensure multiple clinics are operating at peak efficiency.
- Coordinates with primary care and other specialty managers to ensure a seamless referral process and maximize system integrity.
- Monitors and when necessary, develops improvement plans to increase patient satisfaction for multiple clinics.
- In coordination with division leadership and EvergreenHealth Strategic Priorities, develops growth strategies for multiple specialties and clinics.
- Accountable for following EvergreenHealth guidelines for attendance, punctuality and overall dependability. Accountable for effective performance and follow-through of all assigned responsibilities and for completing responsibilities within designated (or agreed upon) timeframes. Completes responsibilities in a manner consistent with organizational policy, goals and values.
- Responsible for the “Accountabilities” associated with this position in support of the organization.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4 years of management experience
DESIRED for the position:
- Master’s degree (e.g. MBA, MHA)
- Experience managing either multi-dimensional clinics or multiple medical clinics