Application Support Specialist - Tier II, Othello, WA
The Application Support Specialist - Tier II is a great opportunity to work on the fringe of IT delivery technology while working with a great team of IT professionals. If you are up to a career challenge, we want to chat with you! Please provide resume directly to CIO@CBHA.com
The Columbia Basin Health Association (CBHA) is a leading healthcare organization located in Othello-South Central Washington. As we move forward on our continuous vision of providing healthcare to everyone regardless of the ability to pay, we are also setting healthcare trends and rapidly growing as an innovating healthcare network. Throughout the campus, our most recent state-of-the-art $1.4M data center hosts advanced Cisco, Citrix, and Virtualization technology built upon a distributed gigabit passive optical network (GPON). Incredibly innovative and strategically positioned CBHA's business advantage of technology, includes IPTV, distributed antenna system (DAS), automatic window tenting, mobile technologies and Cisco VOIP with additional systems planned this year.
What You Will Do:
- Serve as an application support liaison to non-clinical and clinical staff and providers.
- Take the personal initiative to engage team members, vendors, application and technical support specialist, and consultants to solve technical application issues.
- Take ownership to effectively engage and interact with Tier I Help Desk team members to solve escalated end-user issues.
- At times, be first contact for end-user Tier I Help Desk support.
- At times, provide assistance to the team as cross-coverage.
- Develop and deliver end-user support materials and training for existing or new applications.
- Discuss with end-users training regarding software, policies, and procedures.
- Have an effective professional acumen to work successfully in a diverse team environment.
- Excellent Healthcare options: Medical, Dental, Vision Care, Life & Disability.
- Generous Retirement Match
- Continuous Education
- Holiday & Paid Time Off
- Position/Technology Specific Training
- This position does not offer remote work.
Established in 1971, the Columbia Basin Health Association serves more than 37,000 people across 3 rural locations. With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, and primary care behavioral health.
Working at CBHA
At Columbia Basin Health Association (CBHA) we never have to wonder whether the work we are doing is worthwhile. Each day we see victories and successes, big and small, in the lives of people who count on us. We come together, joined in a common purpose to provide health care to the most vulnerable and have created a primary care delivery system that is recognized as a leader in defining the health care home model.
What we do best is care. We care for those who have health insurance and those who do not. We care for those who have lost their jobs, and their health insurance along with it. We care for the migrant workers, the homeless and the homebound. We care for senior citizens and premature infants.
- Workplace Behavior - actively participate in creating an environment of teamwork and interact with my fellow employees in a professional and effective manner.
- Exceed Expectations - take pride in the workplace and take ownership of our job.
- Customer Focused - provide every patient with high quality, skilled care and deliver compassionate, reliable service.
- Accountable - keep CBHA in compliance by following federal, state and local laws at all times.
- Respect - recognize the contributions of my coworkers and express gratitude and appreciation towards others.
- Excellence - make a conscious decision to have a positive, willing and flexible attitude each day.
To Be Successful, the ideal candidate will have the following attributes, skills, and knowledge:
- Aptitude to learn, research, implement, update and maintain applications on both desktops and servers.
- Experience with Windows OS applications within a VMWare environment.
- Working knowledge in applications delivered through Citrix.
- Has utilized Active Directory, Group Policy Objects (GPO), file permissions, and security rolls.
- Experience with applications utilizing SQL environments.
- Knowledge in end-user application workflow mapping.
- Active participant in change control management.
- Has knowledge and experience with implementation of small to mid-size projects using project management strategies including constructing tasks, timelines while providing reports and updates.
- Working knowledge of MS Windows 7, 8, 10.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Server 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2, and 2016.
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science from a recognized center for higher education and two years of work related experience; OR an Associate’s degree in computer science from a recognized center for higher education with 4 years of work related experience; OR no professional degree with 6 years of experience in information technology.
- Experience working with the delivery and support of applications on Windows platforms both server and desktop.
- Working understanding of Active Directory, Group Policy Management, Citrix, Zen App, SQL interfaces, HL7 messaging, VMWare, and software applications familiarity.
- Professional experience in electronic health records (EHR), dental, pharmacy and / or other health record information systems preferred but not required.
- At least two of the following- Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, MCM, other MS certification; Citrix (any), VMware (any); industry standard professional level certifications like CompTIA A++ or Net +.