Clinical Nurse Educator - Critical Care, Kirkland, WA
Req # 28546 Clinical Nurse Educator – Critical Care
Job Title: Clinical Nurse Educator – Critical Care: Covers CCU, PCU, CVNA, Cardiac Cath and IR
EvergreenHealth, an integrated two- hospital system headquartered in the vibrant and beautiful Puget Sound area just outside of Seattle, on the east side of Lake Washington, is seeking a Clinical Nurse Educator for the Critical Care Unit (CCU), Progressive Care Unit (PCU), Cardiovascular & Neurosurgical Care Unit (CVNS), Cardiac Cath Lab and Interventional Radiology unit.
Enjoy your career at an award-winning, community hospital in a locale that will have you wondering why you ever chose to live anywhere else.
Come join the EvergreenHealth team, where we consistently earn top honors for patient care and continually look for new and innovative ways to improve. Be part of a team where you can make a difference, all while enjoying the quality of life that the Seattle area provides.
The Clinical Nurse Educator assumes responsibility for staff orientation, competency assessment, and professional development of the organization’s clinical staff on the assigned unit/department. Provides efficient and effective educational services and resources which enable staff to meet patients and other customers’ needs for high value, high quality, cost sensitive patient- and family-centered care within the framework of service excellence and evidence-based best practices. Fosters teamwork within and across units/departments. Plans, develops, and facilitates opportunities for staff to continuously refine and advance their competencies in patient care, teaching, critical thinking and judgment.
- Researches, develops, implements, promotes, delivers, facilitates, documents, and evaluates education programs using evidence-based approaches and frameworks that support the organization’s and assigned unit/department’s goals, objectives, and regulatory standards and also meet the ongoing educational needs of staff on that assigned unit/department
- Functions as unit/department educational resource for all staff on assigned unit/department
- Plans and implements unit/department-specific orientation programs
- Provides ongoing staff development, continuing education, skills and competency assessments
- Supports quality assessment and improvement initiatives and processes
- Fosters teamwork within and across units/departments
- Performs other duties as assigned
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- 3 years of recent professional RN experience with a minimum of two years current critical care experience.
- Current Healthcare BLS Provider certification by date of hire
- Current Healthcare ACLS Provider certification by date of hire
- Demonstrated ability to teach Cerner Power Chart and Power orders to new staff.
- Ability to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate education programs.
- Must be able to demonstrate competency in leadership skills, in learning/ facilitation, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must demonstrate knowledge/skills in needs assessment, curriculum and materials development, implementation, and evaluation of education programs
- Must be a dynamic, motivated and creative self-starter, who continuously keeps abreast of current trends in staff development and with own professional growth.
DESIRED for the position:
- Master’s in Nursing, MSN
- Prior experience with Learning Management System (LMS) and creating web-based training
- One year in a leadership or teaching role or equivalent.
EvergreenHealth is an integrated two-hospital healthcare system offering a breadth of services and programs that is among the most comprehensive in the region. Formed in 1972 as a public hospital district, we now serve nearly 850,000 residents of our service area in north King and south Snohomish counties, with medical facilities located throughout the area for easy access. EvergreenHealth has been recognized with many honors and awards, including recognition by Healthgrades as one of America's 100 Best Hospitals (2018). To find all of our openings please go to our employment site: https://jobs.evergreenhealth.com/