Director of Quality, Barrow, AK
JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Opening Date: July 16, 2018
Closing Date: Until Filled
Position: Director of Quality
Reports to: Deputy Hospital Administrator
Salary/Wage: Grade 23; $111,859.72 & up DOE/yr
Department: Healthcare Administration
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm
Lead and direct process improvement activities that provide more efficient and streamlined workflow in Samuel Simmonds Memorial Hospital (SSMH).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Administration or other healthcare field required. Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or Master’s in other healthcare field preferred.
- Five or more years recent work experience in direct patient care services, and two or more years experience in Quality Improvement.
- Experience in Nursing preferred.
- Two or more years recent work experience in Joint Commission preparation, quality improvement, and risk management preferred.
- Relevant work experience may be substituted for required education as appropriate.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of basic components of quality management, process improvement, and the ability to lead change in process improvement.
- Knowledge of basic components of infection control and risk management.
- Ability to prepare quality improvement reports for hospital administration, medical staff and the Governing Body
- Requisite knowledge of professional nursing principles, practices and procedures as they apply to all age groups with the ability to provide advice and guidance to staff members.
- Knowledge of federal and state laws, rules, and regulations and Joint Commission standards applicable to all services provided within SSMH.
- Effective management skills, interpersonal skills, leadership skills, analytical skills, organizational skills and math/budgeting skills; Express excellent judgment, discretion, and decision-making.
- Maintain a sensitive, fair, and impartial approach to dealing with others.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and write accurately, clearly and concisely; excellent presentation skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to handle multiple assignments, balance priorities, and make decisions quickly; deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Support ASNA’s mission and goals; follow all policies and procedures.
- "The critical access hospital conducts thorough and credible root cause analyses (RCA) in response to sentinel events. The Director of Quality is responsible for follow through of conducting the RCAs."
To apply for a job with ASNA, you can download the application here.
You may turn in your completed application to the HR office, which is located in Utqiaġvik at 7000 Uula Street or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please call 907 852 9204.